Product Content Lifecycle Management
How iksula helped one of the world’s largest home improvement retailer redesign the complete SKU lifecycle
Established in 1978, the client is one of the world’s largest home improvement retailer. They have over 2200 stores across North America with a $110 Bn net sales in 2019
The client offers a one-stop shopping experience for the do-it-yourself customer with products that covers home improvement space right from furniture, appliances, décor, lighting, building materials, plumbing, kitchen, bath, power tools and much more.
The client required a large volume of product catalog to be uploaded to their website in a short span of time
As the product catalog templates were checked manually, the deliverable quality wasn’t up to the mark
A number of errors were not captured due to large volumes and dependency on human efforts for quality
As a result, there were many instances of reworks, which led to an increase in the turnaround time (TAT)
There was a need to manage the customer data privacy requests after introduction of CCPA in 2018
- Iksula helped the client in redesigning the complete SKU lifecycle by deploying FTE team of catalogers to perform the operations and later implemented the in-house tool Athena for QC of content.
- Iksula replaced the Oracle EDQ with Athena; set-up a team of paralegals for handling customer data privacy requests.
Iksula has been a key partner in client’s SKU lifecycle journey from onboarding the vendor content to the final stage of product getting live with the best quality content. Iksula eradicated the manual/human interventions in the data quality and automated the whole QC process
Sourcing new and additional product information
Copywriting the marketing copy for products
Image sourcing & editing
Team of paralegals for handling customer data privacy requests
Analysis of customer requests for meaningful insights
Integration with vendor portal and PIM
Replaced Oracle EDQ with Iksula’s enterprise data quality platform
8 months of go-live
Scrapping product data from major players in the ecommerce
Preparing a pre-filled product data catalog to minimize the future efforts
Solutions Highlight – Content Enrichment
- Create fresh product descriptions that are grammatically correct, clearly written, and topically relevant.
- Language: US English
- Source Material for Content creation – manufacturer & approved 3rd party websites.
B. Content Enrichment & Gap Fulfilment
- Source attribute information for products from manufacturer or approved .
- 3rd party websites.
- Create structured product titles as per guidelines.
C. Image Editing
- Source up to 4 product images from manufacturer or approved 3rd party websites
- Resize images as per dimensions shared by client
- Renaming of images as per client guidelines
D. Benefits to client:
- Reduced the TAT to 2-3 days from 10-11 days by improving FTR using Six
- Sigma tools like pareto, eliminating rework,
- Average of 98.99% Quality Score
- Faster publishing of suppliers product
Benefits To Client
Reduced the TAT to 2-3 days from 10-11 days by improving FTR using Six
Sigma tools like pareto, eliminating rework,
Average of 98.99% Quality Score
Faster publishing of suppliers product
Solutions Highlight – Athena Implementation
Some Key Highlights
Supports 29 different data quality rules
Developed custom rules as per client’s requirement
Customized API’s for client
Control overrule strictness
Already deployed in client environment
Benefits To Client
6x speed compared to Oracle EDQ
50% cost saving compared to EDQ
99.99% Quality results
– The california customer privacy act (ccpa)
Passed in Jun’18 with the likelihood of new amendments, the CCPA stands as a broad shift in how the United States operationalizes data privacy in its business and employee operations.
Solutions highlight – Prefilled Catalog
Normalize to client Standards
Benefits to client
Ready catalog before onboarding new products/ vendors
Live comparison with competition products